In this post and podcast segment in our Blogging for Business Series, we discuss six key reasons to consider becoming a blogger.
There are many good reasons to create and maintain a blog… these are our top six:
- Relatively easy and cost-effective web solution
- Don’t need to be a “techie” to create a blog
- Real time, fresh, relevant content
- Easy to maintain and post
- There are many free blog platforms
- Your time and commitment is the main resource needed
- Create higher Search Engine Rankings
- Blog posts are coming up more and more frequently in search engines
- Again…fresh, relevant, keyword specific content is the key!
- Your blog can be an extension of your website – have a link to your primary real estate website on your blog
- Many websites have a built-in blog feature
- Don’t (over) sell your listings or yourself on your blog – use your website for the promotion and selling
- Build a community
- Your blog is an opportunity to communicate with both current and potential future clients and customers
- Create a buzz with compelling content that keeps readers coming back for more – maintain loyal customers by providing the information they want
- Position yourself as a niche market/industry/local market expert
- Write about your area of expertise in the business
- Use your blog to provide specific content and info to groups like:
Your SOI/Past Clients
Geographical Farming Areas
Other Niche Markets (FSBO/Expireds/High Rise/Condos/Land, etc.)
- Enhance your marketing and branding
- Your blog can further promote your local brand and add to your overall marketing presence
- Just remember – the blog forum is more about community, networking, communication, sharing information – not just selling.
- Generate Leads
- Ultimately when you provide valuable, informative and compelling content on your blog and develop a relationship-based approach to sales and demonstrate to the reader/visitor your human side, your unique voice, your transparent-self… I, for one, believe it can turn into business!
Other posts in this series:
Is Blogging for You?
Tips on Finding Your Blog Voice
Guide to Launching a Blog
Visit our Family of Websites & Blogs:
- Real Estate Team Builder: http://realestateteambuilder.com/
- WBNL Coaching: http://wbnlcoaching.com/
- Wandering But Not Lost: http://wanderingbutnotlost.com/
- Wandering But Not Lost Podcast: http://wbnlpodcast.com/
- Real Estate Coach Blog: http://www.janobrien.com/
Real Estate and Reality meet as co-hosts, Jan O’Brien and Matt Emerson bring you Tips, Tools, & Topics to supercharge your business. They’ll share their insights along with interviews with industry thought leaders. The ethos of WBNL Coaching is helping you to align and connect so that you can prosper. The Wandering Zen segment will offer you some inspiration so that you can disconnect and recharge.
Visit WBNL Podcast for all of our Episodes, Show Notes, Videos and Links to Resources
- Interested in Building a Real Estate Team? Check out our complete, turnkey REAL ESTATE TEAM BUILDER System
- Join the WBNL Coaching Wanderers Club – Only $197/year for our online, virtual coaching and training platform for Real Estate and Business Professionals.
- Visit WanderingButNotLost.com for some Wandering Zen, great travel tips & insights