In this training – you will learn…
- Overview of Buffer.com
- Free vs. Paid Account
- How to set up your account and add your social profiles
- Setting Your Posting Schedule Times
- Adding Content and Managing Your Queue
- Adding RSS Feeds
- Sharing online content using Buffer app
- Using the Buffer Browser Extension
What is buffer?
- Buffer is a social media managing and scheduling tool.
- Available via your desktop and as a mobile APP (iPhone or Android)
- Connect your Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+ accounts
- New (July 2016) – Instagram reminders https://buffer.com/instagram
Individual Plan: Free
- On the Individual (free) Plan, you can connect one profile for each social account. (So, one Twitter, one Facebook, one Google+ and one LinkedIn).
- You can also store up to 10 posts for each profile at any given time.
Awesome Plan: $10/month or $102/year
- Up to 10 social profiles (as opposed to just one of each). So, you could manage multiple accounts (like multiple company Twitter accounts or personal ones along with professional ones.)
- Up to 100 Posts in your Buffer (as opposed to only storing 10 at a time). This means you can add posts pretty much as far ahead as you would like to.
- Varied schedules. With the Individual Plan you can choose days and times but not different times for different days. So, I can have my posts go out at 3 PM and 5 PM, Monday and Wednesday. On the paid plan, you can have 3 go out every Monday, 2 on Tuesday, 6 on Friday, etc. All at whatever times you set.
- 15 RSS Feed per connected profile. You’re able to connect up to fifteen feeds for each of your connected profiles.
Any posts you’ve added to the ‘Queue’ of Buffer will automatically show up in the Social Media Calendar when you click the ‘Calendar’ button under the ‘Content’ tab.
Need ideas for Real Estate Industry Content to Share? Here’s a list to get you started.
- HousingWire.com http://www.housingwire.com/
- WSJ.com Real Estate News and Analysis Blog http://feeds.wsjonline.com/wsj/developments/feed
- RISMEDIA http://blog.rismedia.com/
- Inman News http://www.inman.com/
- Realtor.com News http://www.realtor.com/news/real-estate-news/
- REALTOR.org Magazine http://www.realtor.org/rmodaily.nsf/topstories/topstories
- NAR – Houselogic.com http://www.houselogic.com/
- NAR BLOG http://speakingofrealestate.blogs.realtor.org/
- NAR Research & Stats http://www.realtor.org/research-and-statistics
- NAR Economists Blog http://economistsoutlook.blogs.realtor.org/
- Calculated Risk Blog – Finance and Economics http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/
- Forbes http://www.forbes.com/real-estate
- Realty Times http://realtytimes.com/
- Money / CNN http://money.cnn.com/real_estate/
- CNBC http://www.cnbc.com/real-estate/