In this week’s WBNL 52 business tip, we want to share a strategy called the Open House Neighborhood Preview. The idea is to invite the neighbor’s and to conduct this special preview first – before you hold your first public open houses. Here are some general guidelines to follow to ensure your Neighborhood Preview is a solid success!
- Include this strategy in your Marketing Plan and review with your sellers during the listing presentation. Cover these key points and get their agreement to conduct the special event:
- Special open house that is just for the neighbors
- Many times, the neighbors may know of somebody who may be looking to purchase in the area
- The invitation will come from them
- You are sponsoring the event
- You will hand deliver and/or mail the invitations
- Get their help in promoting the special open house
- Ask your favorite title marketing rep to provide you with a list (spreadsheet) of the property owners in the neighborhood/subdivision of your listing. Note: don’t forget to also invite any renters (non-owner occupants) to the party.
- Review the list with the sellers and have them approve the guest list.
- Coordinate with the sellers for a date and the menu (appetizers, beverages, etc.)
- Use a special invitation that either the sellers sign or makes it clear the homeowners are inviting them. Your branding and/or a comment that you are sponsoring the event should be included on the invite. Don’t forget to include RSVP instructions.
- Hand-deliver and/or mail the invitations. If you deliver them in person, you may get the opportunity to chat with the neighbors, introduce yourself, invite them and let them know this is something unique you do for your clients.
- RSVP ideas:
- Call or email instructions
- Use a service like Evite http://www.evite.com/
- Coordinate the catering and set up for the event.
- Attend the event, network with the guests. Make sure to have some of your business cards and marketing materials available!
- Follow-up by sending a personal note to the attendees.
- Add any contacts to your database as applicable from the connections and conversations you had at the event.
Wanderers Club members: Your August Marketing kit includes a customizable invitation to use for this strategy.
Not a member of the Wanderers Club yet? Why not give us a test drive and get 30 days completely free. You will be billed $44/month after the 30 day trial. You can cancel anytime during that 30 days.
Membership has it’s benefits! Start Your 30 Day Trial Today
- Two monthly training webinars conducted live and recorded for replay at your convenience
- Monthly Group Coaching online call
- Monthly Marketing Kit
- Connecting Your Real Estate Business Online Course
Here’s what is already in our online, on-demand archives :
- Agent Business Planning & Goal Setting
- Your Business Purpose & Building Your Brand
- Attracting Perfect Clients
- Settlement Statement
- Testimonials & Reviews
- Online Client Surveys & Polls
- Spring Maintenance Check-up
- Celebrating the National Parks
- 93 Ways to Celebrate 93 Days of Summer
- Fascinating Fireworks Facts
- Open House Neighborhood Preview