In our second WBNL 52 coaching and business tip for the year, we are continuing our series on social media strategies for your business. Today we want to take a deeper dive into Hashtags and the how, where and why to use them.
What is a Hashtag?
- Hashtags are a word, or group of words after the # sign (like #realestate, #mycompany, #happynewyear or anything else)
- An easy easy way for people to categorize, find and join conversations on a particular topic.
- Used on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, and Facebook
Do some research (Instagram and Twitter)
- On Instagram – just go to Search and you can discover and research hashtags by:
- Hashtags.org – You can find trending, declining and constant trends, as well as metrics about your social brand.
- Statigram – You can search for Instagram hashtags trends and get alternatives for hashtag words, so you can choose the most popular tags.
- Trendsmap – This site gives you a real-time visual map to see geographic hashtag trends on Twitter. As a local business, this is a great way to quickly know what’s trending in your area.
Define Your Hashtags for these Categories
- Your brand
- Your niche / target markets
Other hashtags are specific to the actual post, for example:
- Campaign Specific
- Content specific
Create Your Hashtags and Call To Action Swipe File
- Identify your primary and secondary Hashtags for the various types (Industry, your brand, niche, etc.)
- Know what and where you want to drive traffic to from your social sites
- Landing Page (Home search, Home Value Report)
- Your Website
- Form to complete in exchange for something of value (home search, relocation or other report or download, etc)
- Call, email or text you
- Write your CTA’s and have several variations
- Write out all of your hashtags by type or campaign
- Create a document with all of your CTA’s and Hashtags on your computer so you can cut and paste easily
- If you will be posting from your mobile device:
- Use the Notes app
- Dropbox or Evernote
Here is an example from the WBNL Coaching Swipe File:
#realestateteams r#ealestateagentteams #agentteambuilding #realestateteamtraining #realestateteambuildingtips #realestateteamcoach #realestateteambuilder
#wbnlcoaching #janobrien #mattemerson #wanderingbutnotlost #wbnl #alignconnectprosper #getupandgetout #wbnlgratitude
#realestateagenttraining #realestatecoach #realestatecoaching #realestaettrainer #realestatespeaker
365 reasons for join the WBNL Coaching Wanderers Club – DAILY social media posts to use for your #socialmediamarketing. 30-Day FREE Trial!
Interested in Building a Real Estate Team? Check out our complete, turnkey REAL ESTATE TEAM BUILDER System
30 Day Free Trial – Join the WBNL Coaching Wanderers Club – The online, virtual coaching and training platform for Real Estate and Business Professionals.
Your basic, FREE membership includes: WBNL Coaching Real Estate Business Plan Online Course and Downloads
Visit www.WBNLCoaching.com to learn more about our coaching program and online training membership options. Your FREE, basic membership includes a complete real estate business-planning course and downloads.
Visit our Family of Websites
Real Estate Team Builder: http://realestateteambuilder.com/
WBNL Coaching: http://wbnlcoaching.com/
WBNL Business Builder: http://wbnlbusinessbuilder.com/
Wandering But Not Lost: http://wanderingbutnotlost.com/