WBNL 52: Goal Writing and Affirmations
Step 1 – Set Your Goals (Outcomes)
Identify clear, concise, SMART goals and know your WHY for each of them.
Measurable/Meaningful to you
Attainable/As if Now/All areas of your life
Timeframe/Toward what you want
- Write them down for all areas of your life (Personal, Financial, Business/Career, Relationships/Family, Spiritual)
- Create Action Plans – break the goal down into steps and next actions. Take action every day!
- Measure and track your progress – you can’t improve what you don’t measure.
- Celebrate your successes along the way – make any necessary course corrections.
Why Write Down Your Goals (Outcomes)?
- To clarify what it is you truly desire. Writing down your goals forces you to select something specific and decide what you want and when you want to attain it.
- To motivate and inspire you to take action.Writing your goals down is only the first step. It is also important to review them regularly which supports you to take the next most important action toward your goal.
- To help you overcome resistance.Every meaningful intention, dream, or goal encounters resistance. From the moment you set a goal, you will begin to feel it. Resist the temptation to focus on that resistance and instead focus on what you want to accomplish.
- To enable you to see—and celebrate—your successes and progress. Written goals are like mile-markers on a highway. They enable you to see how far you have come and how far you need to go. They also provide an opportunity for celebration when you attain them.
Read these posts for more information on goal setting, affirmations, mindset:
- How to Write Powerful Goals, Part 1
- How to Write Powerful Goals, Part 2
- 5 Principles of Success
- Clarity of Purpose – Do you have it?
- How to Discover and Celebrate Your Success, Your Wins for the Past Year…Then Set Outcomes not Resolutions
- Real Estate Affirmations for a Successful Career
- The Power of Affirmations
More recommended resources on Goal-Setting:
Brian Tracy International – I highly recommend anything written by Brian Tracy. Sign up for one of Brian’s free newsletters and receive a free 326 page eBook entitled GOALS! How to Get Everything You Want – Faster Than You Ever Thought Possible.
David Allen’s Getting Things Done – GTD is an effective Action Management System. Read or download and listen to this book. There are abundant free resources and blogs on this site.
OCTOBER is Business Planning Month!
WBNL Coaching and Home Connect America are offering their complete Real Estate Business Planning and Goal Setting Video Course and all supporting downloads for FREE!
3 Steps to a Powerful Real Estate Business Plan
Learn and implement the three steps to real estate agent goal setting and business planning.
- Write your goals and desired outcomes
- Create a written business action plan
- Measure and track your activities and results
Just visit this page to register for the FREEE course and to access all the Business Plan templates: http://joinhomeconnectamerica.com/blog/