In a previous week’s business tip, we covered 10 ways to build your mailing list. This week we build on that business strategy and share some tips and best practices for using email to market to your database and various email lists.
Overall, our recommendation is to have a multi-type connection plan for leads and past clients/your database that includes:
- Social media messages
- Personal notes
Let’s talk specifically in this tip about email marketing.
What can you use for email marketing?
- Your current CRM
- Does your real estate website have a CRM or email drip campaign feature?
- Does your company offer a CRM you could use?
- How about your local or state Association of REALTORS? Check to see if there are any member benefits or discounts available for a CRM
- eMail Marketing & List Services
TIP: Remember, if you use these email services, you must have an opt-in, permission-based list. Do NOT buy a list, upload it and start emailing to the list if you don’t have permission or get their opt-in first. You could be black-listed if you receive too many SPAM complaints. Leverage calls- to -action on your websites and landing pages that integrate with one of these services.
How often should you email your lists?
Buyer & Seller Leads
- Initial 10-14 day conversion plan that includes emails and other connection types (calls, texts, social media, video email)
- Then based on qualifying the lead, set them up on a short or long-term campaign
Your Database – at a minimum send a monthly item of value or your newsletter
What do you send?
- Monthly Newsletter – educate, entertain, sell, ask for referrals
- Market update
- Local Business Spotlight
- Community info/events
- Call to action / referrals
- Tips on home selling/buying, maintenance, investing, protecting your assets
- Add Video to really stand out
- Invitations to client appreciation events
- Just listed/just sold quarterly success email
Real Estate and Reality meet as co-hosts, Jan O’Brien and Matt Emerson bring you Tips, Tools, & Topics to supercharge your business. They’ll share their insights along with interviews with industry thought leaders. The ethos of WBNL Coaching is helping you to align and connect so that you can prosper. The Wandering Zen segment will offer you some inspiration so that you can disconnect and recharge.
Visit WBNL Podcast for all of our Episodes, Show Notes, Videos and Links to Resources
- Interested in Building a Real Estate Team? Check out our complete, turnkey REAL ESTATE TEAM BUILDER System
- Not in the WBNL Coaching Wanderers Club? – It’s Only $197/year for our online, virtual coaching and training platform for Real Estate and Business Professionals.
- Visit WanderingButNotLost.com for some Wandering Zen, great travel tips & insights