In this week’s WBNL 52 Tip, we share how to create and optimize your YouTube Channel. At WBNL Coaching, we continue to encourage you to create more video! Vide is a game changer for your business. So, just do it already! If you are creating videos on a regular basis, then you must have an optimized YouTube Channel. Listen to the audio segment from our WBNL Podcast Episode 20 and follow along with the tutorial below.
Finding/Creating Your Channel from your Google account
- Create a Google account (if you don’t already have one)
- Sign in to YouTube
- Try any action that requires a channel, such as uploading a video, posting a comment, or creating a playlist.
- If you don’t yet have a channel, you’ll see a prompt to create a channel.
- OR Sign in to your Gmail or Google account and navigate to all the google apps and tools (The nine squares located near your profile photo from your Gmail)Select YouTube.The menu is under your profile icon to navigate to My Channel and Creator studio
Here is what you will see if you DO NOT have a Channel:
Once You Are Logged into Your YouTube Account and created your channel, you can navigate to this menu from your profile icon:
Customize your channel with visuals
- You can change your profile photo
- Add a Branded Cover Image (Channel Art). Recommended size is 2560 x 1440 (6 MB max)
Optimize your channel with brand details
- Click on About to add
- Channel Description
- Business Email/location
- Up to 5 links that will be an overlay on your cover image
- Websites/blog/other social media
Add videos and optimize them for search
CREATOR STUDIO: This is where you manage and your videos, playlists. Advanced features like Live Streaming and monetizing your channel are also located here. Once you start adding videos, you’ll want to optimize them for search, which in turn helps users discover your video.
- Title – Write clear, concise, compelling titles with keywords for you and your business
- This should be limited to 1,000 characters.
- YouTube only displays the first two or three lines of text, which comes to about 100 characters, so front-load the description with the most important information.
- Tags – add keyword tags that describe the video
- Category – choose one of the categories YouTube provides. This will group your content with similar videos.
Create Playlists once you have enough videos uploaded
Thumbnail Images – another opportunity to brand
When you upload a video – you can choose from 3 automatically generated thumbnails or upload your own
Add your logo as a watermark
Go to Channel > Branding
Hover over watermark brings up the subscribe button
You can add a card when you upload a video
Think call to action – links to your website
You get 5 cards per video
To create a custom URL for your channel, your account needs to:
- Have 100 or more subscribers
- Be at least 30 days old
- Have an uploaded photo as channel icon
- Have uploaded channel art
Help Us Reach Our Initial Goal of 100 Subscribers!
Great Additional Resource:
Hubspot article and download: YouTube for Business – 30 day roadmap for Channel Growth
Real Estate and Reality meet as co-hosts, Jan O’Brien and Matt Emerson bring you Tips, Tools, & Topics to supercharge your business. They’ll share their insights along with interviews with industry thought leaders. The ethos of WBNL Coaching is helping you to align and connect so that you can prosper. The Wandering Zen segment will offer you some inspiration so that you can disconnect and recharge.
Visit WBNL Podcast for all of our Episodes, Show Notes, Videos and Links to Resources
- Interested in Building a Real Estate Team? Check out our complete, turnkey REAL ESTATE TEAM BUILDER System
- Join the WBNL Coaching Wanderers Club – Only $197/year for our online, virtual coaching and training platform for Real Estate and Business Professionals.
- Visit WanderingButNotLost.com for some Wandering Zen, great travel tips & insights