In this member training, we will cover the primary Google tools and apps to use in your business:
- Create your Google Account & Profile
- Gmail & Calendar
- Google Keep (notes)
- Google Drive
- Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, Drawings
- Google Voice
- Google Hangouts & Hangouts On Air
- Google My Business
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords, Adsense
- Google Sites
- Google Apps for Work (Paid)
Create a Google Account to access all the Google tools!
TIP: Consider having a Google account for Business and separate one for personal use
- Your 15 GB of FREE storage is shared across
- Google Drive, Gmail, and Google Photos.
- $1.99/mth for 100GB
- 9.99/mth for 1 TB
General Business Tools
Create Your Google Profile
With a Google profile, you can manage the information–such as your bio, contact details, and other information about you–that people see. You can also link to other sites about you or created by you. For example, you can link to your blog, online photos in Picasa, and other profiles such as Facebook and LinkedIn.
Gmail is a Google’s email application, which includes 15GB of free storage (across Gmail, Google Drive and Google+ photos). Gmail also lets you communicate via SMS, voice or video chat.
Google Calendar is a scheduling platform to organize and share events. Access your calendar when you’re away from your desk with two-way syncing to your phone or tablet. Stay on schedule with reminders, and get notified by email or receive text messages directly to your mobile phone.
Google Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print connects your printers to the web. Make your printers available from anywhere, to you and anyone you choose. Access Google Cloud Print from your phone, tablet, Chromebook, PC, and any other web-connected device.
Google Keep (notes)
- Add notes, lists, photos, and audio to Keep.
- Mobile App
Collaboration & Communication Tools
A place to store and collaborate using:
- Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, Drawings
- Other docs, PDFs, images, etc.
If you’ve used Docs in the past, Google Drive is the new home for all your files and folders including your Google documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
Drive Blog http://googledocs.blogspot.com/
Google Voice, you get one number for all your phones, ability to have it ring to one phone or many, cheap international calls, voicemail transcription, text to email, share voicemails, mobile app, conference calls, number porting from existing cell number
What is Google Voice YouTube Video http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html
To set up your Google voice account go to: https://www.google.com/voice
Google Hangouts and Hangouts On Air
Typical Hangouts allow for up to ten participants at a time, including the host.
Have a one-on-one conversation or include co-workers/team members/clients with group chats for up to 150 people. Say more with photos, maps, emoji, stickers, and GIFs.
- Video Call
- Phone Call
- Group Message
Start a Hangout by opening https://hangouts.google.com/ or in Gmail
Hangouts on Air
This variety of Hangout allows ten people to participate at a time, but an unlimited amount of people can watch the action. As with the traditional Hangout, as soon as a participant leaves the room, the next in line can take his place.
- You can record video via You Tube
- Public Hangout (Livestream)
- Private (Unlisted) Hangout https://support.google.com/plus/answer/4646402?hl=en
8 Ways to Use Google Hangouts for Your Business
Online Services & Tools
- Google+ is Google’s social media platform — to share, collaborate, and create.
- Classic Google+ and New Google+
Google My Business (aka Places, Local)
Does Your Business Show Up On Google Maps?
Check here: https://www.gybo.com/business
Step-by-Step Guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-UnLvTsp8SnUEdDTjh3Nk82bDg/view
- Need a physical address
- Verification Process
- Use keywords
- Photos – use local business photos
- Google Search Results
Inc. article: How to Market Your Business Using Google Places
Web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic.
Google’s advertising system in which advertisers bid on certain keywords in order for their clickable ads to appear in Google’s search results The Google AdWords program enables you to create advertisements which will appear on relevant Google search results pages and our network of partner sites.
Advertising placement service by Google. The program is designed for website publishers who want to display targeted text, video or image advertisements on website pages and earn money when site visitors view or click the ads.
The Google AdSense program differs in that it delivers Google AdWords ads to individuals’ websites. Google then pays web publishers for the ads displayed on their site based on user clicks on ads or on ad impressions, depending on the type of ad
Easy-to-create websites for your teams
Launch an intranet for your company, a project site for your team or a portal for customers with this site builder.
Google Apps for work
Get custom email (@yourcompany.com) and more
- 30GB of inbox storage
- Compatible with Microsoft Outlook and other email clients
- Ad-free, 24/7 support and more
Business email for your domain
Build customer trust with professional email addresses. Create as many group mailing
lists as your company needs, like email@example.com.
- Up to 25 people on video conference within or outside of your organization.
- The screen automatically focuses on whoever is speaking and intelligent muting prevents background noise
- Easy screen sharing
- Record video via Your Tube channel
Google Help Centers
- Gmail https://support.google.com/mail
- Calendar https://support.google.com/calendar
- Google+ https://support.google.com/plus
- Google My Business https://support.google.com/business
- Drive https://support.google.com/drive
- Docs https://support.google.com/docs
- Voice https://support.google.com/voice
- Hangouts https://support.google.com/hangouts
- Hangouts On Air https://support.google.com/plus/answer/2553119?hl=en
- Keep https://support.google.com/keep
- Adwords https://support.google.com/adwords
- Analytics https://support.google.com/analytics
- Adsense https://support.google.com/adsense
- Sites https://support.google.com/sites