We are up to our 50th coaching tip for 2016 and felt this was an excellent time to share some ideas on stopping to reflect on and then celebrate your success in the past year.
In our 20+ years of experience in the real estate industry, we consistently observe that most driven and success-minded individuals have a tendency to focus on what they haven’t achieved yet. They are always moving on to the next goal or challenge without stopping, however briefly, to acknowledge the victory or success of the present moment.
So, as you fine-tune your goals and your business plan for a successful new year, we encourage your take some time to reflect on the previous year with a focus on the positives. Conduct a review of the previous year by writing down every success, win, and positive thing that you experienced – both big and small.
Review your calendar for highlights. Go to your Facebook, Instagram or Twitter timelines to jog your memory, as we tend to post positive events and milestones on social media.
Use the questions listed below as a guide to help you get started. Just write it all down – stream of consciousness – no matter how seemingly insignificant. Just write it down. Once you start writing, you’ll be surprised at how much you really have to celebrate!
- List all your accomplishments, wins, victories, successes in the past year.
- List all moment of joy and gratitude.
- What did you do this year that you are really proud of?
- What do other people in your life have to say about what you did, accomplished, and contributed? Client testimonials or reviews? Did you receive a personal note or card?
- Who came into your life and/or business this past year that really made a positive impact on you?
- What did you love most about your business this year?
- What did you love most about your personal life this year?
- What did you do this year that moved you toward your goals? Personally and Professionally
Turning any negatives into positives and challenges into opportunities
- What did you NOT love about this year?
- What didn’t work so well this year?
- What time or energy sucks did you run into that were not supportive or positive?
- What opportunities did you miss?
- What lessons did you gain from any setbacks, challenges or obstacles?
- How are you going to integrate any learnings in to your future goals and the coming year?
START – STOP – CONTINUE
Let us introduce a simple and effective model to take action TOWARD what you want to accomplish in the new year while also letting go of anything that no longer serves you. It’s called START-STOP-CONTINUE.
Ask yourself and then write down the answers to these 3 questions:
- What would you like to START doing the year?
- What do you want to STOP doing?
- What are you going to CONTINUE doing?
Create a Start-Stop-Continue Action Plan for your business and personal life.
Celebrate Your Successes Template
[purchase_link id=”17964″ text=”Add to Cart” style=”button” color=”red”]
Start | Stop | Continue Worksheet
[purchase_link id=”17949″ text=”Add to Cart” style=”button” color=”red”]