As we shared in the first WBNL 52 tip of 2017, the critical keys to a successful social media marketing plan are:
- Be consistent
- Post valuable, informative, inspiring, motivational
- Use quality visual images that are more likely to be shared
- Engage! Post comments, interact, communicate.
Implement the Social Media 30-30-5 Plan
Schedule 30 minutes in the morning and another 30 minutes in the afternoon/evening and stay focused on executing the 5 strategies outlined below. It’s not enough to simply post content. You’ve got to engage, interact and connect with people to get the most out of social media for business.
These 5 strategies work best for Facebook and LinkedIn, however can be slightly adapted for all the primary social media platforms. Stay on task and resist the urge to go down the “Internet Rabbit Hole!”
- Check-in or share an update (include a photo or video)
- Like, comment or share posts from your newsfeed (wall)
- Post an interesting, informative,or inspirational link, quote or photo
- Send a Direct Message to a connection
- Add new connections
Bonus:Comment or share in a Group (Facebook, LinkedIn)
What to post, share, upload?
Answer this basic question: What do you like, share, retweet?
Chances are your answer is similar to this list below. Bottom line – post content that has the best chance of getting attention, interaction, comments and shared.
- Entertaining, funny, inspirational, motivational messages
- Inspirational quotes with compelling images
- Photos and videos
- Ask questions
- Educational/informative content
- Minimize real estate promotion (80/20 rule here – 20% real estate promotional content)
- Market updates, newsworthy real estate content
- Local news
- Lifestyle content
WBNL 365 was designed to fill that void of what to post every day! WC members get a quality image and content to post on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest. Another exclusive member benefit – WC members: Click HERE to access your January Posts and all of the video training we have ready for you including:
- How to download and use WBNL 365
- How to Post from Your Desktop
- How to brand your images using canva or wordswag
- How to Post from Instagram
- Using Buffer or Hootsuite to schedule your posts
Not a WC member yet? Learn more about membership HERE.
Tools – Apps to Manage and Schedule Your Social Media Posts
Check out these tools to manage your social media including scheduling your posts and updates.
- Buffer (Free for 1 profile per platform and 10 scheduled posts)
$10/mth to upgrade to:
10 profiles per platform
100 scheduled posts
Integrate RSS feeds and calendar
- Hootsuite (Free up to 3 social profiles)
Up to 50 Social Profiles
1 Enhanced Analytics Report
Bulk Message Scheduling
1 user included, up to 10
Access to Premium Apps
Need more ideas for Real Estate Industry Content to Share? Here’s a list to get you started.
- HousingWire.com http://www.housingwire.com/
- WSJ.com Real Estate News and Analysis Blog http://feeds.wsjonline.com/wsj/developments/feed
- RISMEDIA http://blog.rismedia.com/
- Inman News http://www.inman.com/
- Realtor.com News http://www.realtor.com/news/real-estate-news/
- REALTOR.org Magazine http://www.realtor.org/rmodaily.nsf/topstories/topstories
- NAR – Houselogic.com http://www.houselogic.com/
- NAR BLOG http://speakingofrealestate.blogs.realtor.org/
- NAR Research & Stats http://www.realtor.org/research-and-statistics
- NAR Economists Blog http://economistsoutlook.blogs.realtor.org/
- Calculated Risk Blog – Finance and Economics http://www.calculatedriskblog.com/
- Forbes http://www.forbes.com/real-estate
- Realty Times http://realtytimes.com/
- Money / CNN http://money.cnn.com/real_estate/
- CNBC http://www.cnbc.com/real-estate/