For the next several weeks, the WBNL 52 posts will feature strategies, productivity tools and systems to help you manage your most precious resource … your time. This week, the spotlight is on the power of time-blocking.
Download the Agent Perfect Week and customize it for your business.
[purchase_link id=”14004″ style=”button” color=”green” text=”Purchase” direct=”true”]
The primary goal with time-blocking is to carve out blocks of time to commit to the most important activities in your day and week. The schedule represents what your week would look like in a perfect world for you and your business. Of course, the trick is sticking to your commitments and not allowing interruptions, distractions or something else deter you from doing the activity you have scheduled.
- Use the categories outlined below to guide you to scheduling the key areas for you and your business.
- We recommend scheduling “Prospecting” time in the mornings. In our coaching experience, this is the area many people tend to not stay committed to completing.
- If you erase, you must replace! That means if you decide you will work with a client when you have prospecting scheduled, then you must reschedule that time block somewhere else in the week.
- Avoid the tendency to multi-task when you are in one of your time blocks. You will be more efficient and get better results if you stay focused on the task at hand. For example, schedule 30 minute blocks for social media daily 5. Just knock it out. Stay on task and don’t get distracted with other tasks on your to do list.
Main categories to color code and schedule
Schedule your personal -family time and day(s) off first!
- Day(s) Off
- Meditation or other morning rituals
- Breakfast and prep for the day
I.P.A. – Income-Producing Activities
- Client Appointments
- Networking Events
- Client lunches and pop-by’s
S.A. – Support Activities
- Trainings- Worskshops- Webinars
- Office Meetings
- Prep work-research
- Social Media
- Team Meetings- Accountability
Are you leveraging the training and coaching available with your WC membership?
Try blocking out one hour a week and choose a topic, training module, or webinar replay. Make a commitment to implement just one new idea or strategy in your business each week. Take action each week and you will build momentum to get your priority systems in place for your business.