Google My Business (formerly known as Google Places, Google Local) is a critical online location to add your business listing. In the WBNL 52-9-17 tip we discussed how to get reviews on your Google maps listing. In this week’s WBNL 52 tip, we walk you through the steps to create your business listing for those of you who have not already done so.
According to data released by Google, 97 percent of consumers search for local businesses online. Another: 73 percent of all online activity is related to local content. Needless to say – you definitely want your business to show up in Google Search Results and Google Maps!
Does Your Business Show Up On Google Maps already?
Check here: https://www.gybo.com/business
If not, let’s get it done!
- Enter all your business info, physical address
- Select a business category by typing in a few words and choosing an existing category. You must choose from one of the categories – you can’t create your own.
- Select your service area
3. Verification Process – easiest way is to choose “Mail” and Google will send you a postcard to the business address within 1-2 weeks. Enter the Pin Code found on that postcard in your business listing to complete the verification process.
4. From the Google My Business Dashboard
- Edit info like the details of your business, hours of operation, additional phone, website URL
- Add photos from your local business and area
- Manage Reviews – here is some good all-around advice on responding to reviews:
- Insights – stats on searches, views, customer actions
- Google Analytics – connect to your account if you have it setup for analytics on your website(s)
- Google Adwords – link to your Adwords account if you are advertising on Google
- Google+ – post to your Google+ business profile from here
Google My Business Reviews
It’s a little tricky finding your URL for reviews once you have listed your business on Google Here is a support article on How To Create a Link for Customers to Write Reviews: https://support.google.com/business/answer/7035772?hl=en.
Check out WBNL Coaching’s Google My Business Listing and custom link to request a review (and while you are there any reviews would be greatly appreciated!)
More Resources for Google My Business:
Inc. article: How to Market Your Business Using Google Places
Google My Business https://support.google.com/business
Step-by-Step Guide: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-UnLvTsp8SnUEdDTjh3Nk82bDg/view