The ancient art of Feng Shui teaches the power of intention. I have studied Feng Shui and applied its principles in my life and career and found it to be a powerful and fun way to set intentions and focus on what I want to create in my life. With that in mind, we have designed the Intentions – Focus Map and Journal template to support you in setting clear intentions for the New Year.
Clarity is so critical in setting your intentions. Once you are clear, you can make a commitment to yourself to do it. Setting your intentions is about understanding what you’re doing, why you’re doing it, and how you’re going to do it. The bagua map of feng shui is traditionally used as an overlay for your living or office space. You can learn more about how to apply feng shui design and cures to your physical spaces by researching it online.For this strategy, we have adapted the map to use as a guide to nine key sectors of your life and business.
Here are some further explanations of the nine areas and implementation ideas to get you started. Go to the box above to access the free download and get started with clear intentions and focus for your year ahead.
Strategy #1: Use the Intentions Map to set your key focus and attention in all areas.
Reflect on the past year and do a review of each area. Take the time to stop, reflect and celebrate the successes of the past and not just focus on what you did not achieve. Ask and answer some or all of these questions to get you in the creative mind flow:
- What did you accomplish?
- What are you most grateful for in each area?
- What are obstacles or challenges that got on the way?
- What opportunities d you miss?
- What lessons did you learn?
Now, set your intentions:
- What is your primary focus or the each area?
- What new experiences do you want to have this year?
- What action are you willing to take to move toward what you want?
- Each of the nine areas has a key focus word. What is your focus word for that area?
Strategy #2: #ReachYourPeak100 Challenge
Join our community and let us encourage and support you in reaching your goals or intentions for the year.
- Choose one area (maximum of 2) to focus on for the next 100 days.
- Set your intention for that area. Decide on one action or step that you are committed to that will move you forward.
- The key is to MAKE IT SMALL! Commit to ONE thing, One Action, ONE positive habit that is obtainable each day for 100 days.
Here are some ideas:
- 10-15 minutes of walking
- 10 minutes of meditation
- 1 new contact added to your database
- 1 conversation or phone call with a prospect, customer
- Write or journal for 10 minutes
- Handout one business card and have one conversation about real estate or your business
- Exercise, yoga, stretching for 15 minutes
Post your photos to Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #ReachYourPeak100 and we will include them on our WBNL Social wall. If you don’t use Twitter or Instagram – just email me your name, photo and a little bit about your goal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Review of the Nine Sectors
- WEALTH (Prosperity – Power) What does prosperity and abundance mean to you? If it’s related to money/income then what does having it do for you? Does it bring more freedom? Security? What can or do you accomplish because you have abundant resources or money? What is truly important to you? Now be intentional in your focus for this area. Could you save “x” dollars per month? Or maybe you are ready to to your business growth and success this year by taking a small step like hiring a business or life coach?
- FAME (Reputation – Clarity) This area has to do with how the world sees you and your reputation. Could you start by giving your online presence a facelift or upgrade? How about a new business photo? Do you have a professional logo that reflects who you are as a business? How about enhancing your appearance with a new hairstyle or wearing some new colors that complement you?
- RELATIONSHIP (Love – Partnership) This is the classic “love” area for romantic relationships however it is also for all kinds of relationships including business partnerships and clients. What one action in this area will move you toward your ultimate goal? If it’s finding a romantic partner, perhaps you can attend more social events or even try online dating. How can you improve your business relationships or with your client database? It may be as simple as committing to more frequent face-to-face conversations. Remember, just one action or a shift in attitude in each area is all that is needed to get movement forward.
- FAMILY (Community – Growth): Is there a relationship with one family member to improve? What one thing could you do that will enhance relationship with your family? How can you get involved in your local community?
- HEALTH (Balance – Well-Being):This is big focus for most of us. How about just committing to small actions in this area… walk a mile, drink “x” ounces of water or do a few minutes yoga or stretching. How about 10 minutes of quiet meditation in the morning? You know what will work for you, but for the intention of this exercise, choose one action that you can accomplish each day without it being a burden.
- CREATIVITY (Children – Joy): How can you nurture your own creativity and inner child with a fun hobby or an artistic pursuit that you can focus on? If you don’t have kids, can you volunteer with kids or spend time with nieces and nephews? If you have kids, can you find new ways to bond and spend quality time with them?
- KNOWLEDGE (Skills- Self-improvement): Always be learning! What skill(s) or training do you want to focus on this year? Is it for business or career? Is there a particular book to read, online class or live course can you attend for self-development? Join the Wanderers Club!
- CAREER (Life Path – Purpose): It’s always a good time to refine and focus on your business and life plan . And, hopefully you have a detailed business plan and goals already… if not we can help! For this exercise, again keep it it small and actionable. .Will you hand out business cards to people you meet today? Start a mailing list with a monthly newsletter.
- TRAVEL (Helpful People- Compassion): The focus for this area is travel but also attracting helpful people into your life. Maybe you are searching for a mentor or mastermind group? How much do you give to others in the spirit of selfless service? How do you support and give back to your clients in business? Can you think of a way to give more to others? Do you have specific travel intentions and plans for the new year? List them – where do you want to go, with whom and when? Adventure awaits… just get up and get out! Let us help inspire you with your next travel adventure. Visit – WanderingButNotLost.com.
Use the Journal Template to record your activity for the day. What did you accomplish? Did any obstacles, excuses or challenges came up for you? How do you feel? Record your thoughts, feelings and actions. We have also included an area to record what you are grateful for on this day.
Get support and guidance on aligning and connecting your intention and purpose in both your life and business.
Schedule a complimentary 30-minute coaching session today to find out more.
Let us be your virtual coach as well. Learn at your own pace and on your own schedule. Our on-demand online courses integrate multi-media with an intuitive learning management system. Learn more about becoming a member of our community at WBNL Coaching.