Client Reviews and Testimonials have become absolutely critical to your business success! We all know that approximately 90% of consumers use the internet to search for homes and this includes searching for and “Googling” the Realtor that they eventually decide to hire! Even when you get a referral, don’t you know that they are most likely doing a Google search on you to discover all they can and check your reviews?
Here are the most important online locations to get client reviews, recommendations, or testimonials for your business:
- Google My Business
- Facebook Page
- Your Website
Our recommendation on how to get reviewed on these sites is to send one email to your client with links to all the platforms you currently use. Of course, it’s always best to set this up with your clients ahead of time so they will be looking for that email. So, make a phone call and discuss the importance of reviews for all businesses these days. The review you receive can easily be added to your website and used in your other marketing efforts.
We developed the following strategy to implement right away in your business system that will help you encourage your clients to write or post that rating, review, or recommendation. Start implementing this strategy right now with your existing clients (current buyers and sellers). Also, connect with your past clients from the previous 12 months+ and ask for a testimonial. Build a Client Review Request in your CRM to include the initial request and then a sereis of follow-ups (be prepared to ask for the review 4-5 times! Here’s the truth, your clients want to write the review or testimonial for you but most people either don’t know what to say or they get busy and it goes on that list of “things I need to do but will probably never get to”!
Step 1– Ensure you have complete profiles on all of the key sites!
- Zillow (Trulia profile comes from Zillow profile)
- Business Facebook Page
- Google My Business (formerly Places) https://www.google.com/business/
Step 2 – Establish the importance of reviews and ratings with your client.
- When you begin working with a new client, have a conversation with them about whether or not they use ratings and reviews to influence their decision to buy something, eat at a new restaurant or select a business professional.
- Share a personal story or get them to share an example of how reviews impacted a buying decision.
- Find out if they use Yelp. Are they on Zillow, LinkedIn, Realtor.com?
- Ask if you can connect with them on LinkedIn, if you are not already a connection.
Step 3 – Remind them about how important it is to get favorable ratings and reviews in your business.
- During the transaction period, remind the client that their feedback and endorsement would be the best way to show their gratitude and support you if their experience has been a positive one.
- Let them know you will share a process to make preparing the review or recommendation easier after the closing.
Step 4 –Send your post-closing request for review/recommendation letter or email
- Customize the email to include any instructions or links to your profiles on specific sites.
- Remember for LinkedIn, you must be connected (1st level) with the client already
- Include some of your testimonials as examples
Step 5 – Send the thank you letter or email after you receive the review, rating or recommendation from your client.
Here is a template to use, revise and customize to request those reviews and recommendations:
I want to sincerely thank you for trusting me to secure the closing of our transaction at property address. I’m truly grateful. I enjoyed working with you. The relationship we developed is important to me, and I’m looking forward to keeping in contact with you and others that you may refer to me. When you think of real estate I want you to turn to me as your consultant.
I have a huge favor to ask of you. My business is largely built on the kind support and recommendations I receive from current and past customers.
I would be so grateful if you would be open to writing an online review/testimonial for me. These ratings have become a critical part of any business and your recommendation would be a great addition. I ask that you post your review of my services and your overall experience on the following platforms (you can post the same review on all the sites that you are already familiar with or use). It only takes a moment and it helps ensure that reviews are from actual clients.
Zillow: [insert URL]
Realtor.com: [insert URL]
Google: [insert URL]
Facebook: [insert URL]
Yelp: [insert URL]
Testimonials can be hard to get started so I’ve had my marketing team put together some samples and info on making it as easy as 1 -2- 3. The info is attached.
Lastly, I’m also always looking for new clients and so I would truly appreciate it if you would keep your ears open to anyone who may thinking of buying or selling and consider letting them know that there is a new kind of Realtor in town – one who is treating their real estate business like a business by putting the client first.
Facebook Page Reviews
Be sure to use a direct link to the Review page. For example, here is a link to our WBNL Coaching Facebook Page: https://business.facebook.com/pg/WBNLCoaching/reviews. And we would be so grateful if you are so inclined to give us a review:)
Google My Business Reviews
It’s a little tricky finding your URL for reviews if you have listed your business on Google (so it shows up on Maps – know called Google My Business). Here is a support article on How To Create a Link for Customer to Write Reviews: https://support.google.com/business/answer/7035772?hl=en.
Check out WBNL Coaching’s Google My Business Listing and custom link to request a review (and while you are there any reviews would be greatly appreciated!)
YELP Business Page
Visit this blog post on Why You Need a Yelp Business Page
As an example, here is the WBNL Coaching Yelp Business Page
Real Estate and Reality meet as co-hosts, Jan O’Brien and Matt Emerson bring you Tips, Tools, & Topics to supercharge your business. They’ll share their insights along with interviews with industry thought leaders. The ethos of WBNL Coaching is helping you to align and connect so that you can prosper. The Wandering Zen segment will offer you some inspiration so that you can disconnect and recharge.
Visit WBNL Podcast for all of our Episodes, Show Notes, Videos and Links to Resources
- Interested in Building a Real Estate Team? Check out our complete, turnkey REAL ESTATE TEAM BUILDER System
- Join the WBNL Coaching Wanderers Club – Only $197/year for our online, virtual coaching and training platform for Real Estate and Business Professionals.
- Your basic, FREE membership includes: WBNL Coaching Real Estate Business Plan Online Course and Downloads