What is your big WHY… your purpose … your passion? And, most importantly, are you currently living it?
When you discover with complete clarity your WHY, then you have uncovered the absolute secret to success for your life and business. Of course knowing your WHY is not enough, you must take action daily (no matter how small the step) toward what you desire if you are not there yet.
You are always at your best when your heart (passion) and mind (attitude) are in alignment and connected with your true path and purpose. This is true in your personal life as well as with your business. When they aren’t aligned, there is always a degree of dissatisfaction and unrest.
It has been my experience as a business and life coach, that most of us are searching for our purpose and desire to live it fully. This is true of my own personal journey to fully embrace and live my dream of entrepreneurship and becoming a small business owner. While I have always been clear that my purpose and passion is coaching and training, only recently can I say that I am fully enjoying and experiencing these 12 signs that I am living my passion and purpose:
- You lose track of time. You find yourself working “on” and “in” your business and wonder where did the time go?
- You smile and laugh more. And others notice this about you.
- What you are doing does not feel like “work.” It brings joy and a true sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.
- You trust your heart and your instincts and act on it. You listen to your inner voice and the wisdom found within.
- You really light up and become animated when you talk about what you do.
- Your friends and loved ones notice the shift. Interestingly they will fall into one of two camps. Many will support you unconditionally and be happy for you. Others, due to their own insecurities or fears, may actually react in a negative, unsupportive fashion.
- Everything just flows better and more effortlessly. Synchronicities happen. You find yourself meeting the right people at the perfect time.
- You feel truly alive. You are inspired all the time.
- You find the courage to take the risks necessary for growth and to move toward your desired outcome.
- You don’t feel like you are selling out for a paycheck and security. Your income and purpose are in alignment and prosperity flows to you.
- You no longer feel that something is missing in your life. You finally feel the alignment and connection of your heart, mind and soul.
- You are enjoying the journey (living in the now) and know it’s not about the destination. It’s about the relationships and shared experiences along your path.
If you find yourself not relating to those 12 signs above, then I invite you to explore the following questions and exercises that have helped me and my clients work towards discovering and finally living our true passion and purpose.
Questions to assist you in reflecting on your current situation, business, or focus area.
- Why did I choose this business or career path?
- Why do I want to stay in business or start a business for myself?
- Why do I want to grow my business, increase my income?
- Why do I want to systematize my business?
- Why do I want to improve my health?
- Why do I want to spend more quality time with my kids, spouse, others?
- Why do I want to … ____________ ?
- Why is all this so important to me?
By the way, it’s never really about the money. It’s about what the money will allow you to do, what it will bring to your life, your family and those you serve.
Questions & Exercises to Help You Discover Your True Passion & Life Purpose
- What are your natural strengths, skills, and talents?
- Take a look at past work, career choices – what did you like? What did you dislike?
- What do people ask you to help them with?
- What activities really bring joy and fulfillment in your life?
- Who inspires you most? Why?
- What causes do you strongly believe in and connect with?
- What would you do if… you only had one year to live? Unlimited resources and money at your disposal?
Your Eulogy Exercise
Using the questions below as a guide, write your eulogy.
- What would your lifetime achievements be?
- What matters the most at the end of your life?
- What will be your legacy?
- What do you want to be remembered for?
- What stories will friends and loved ones share about you and your impact on them?
Are you living that life right NOW? If not, why not? What is standing in your way or holding you back?
I am passionate about helping others discover and live their true potential and purpose. I have been blessed with corporate positions in the Real Estate industry and the U.S. Army that supported my passion for leadership, coaching and training. While those years were well spent and prepared me for where I am today, I always felt a sense that something was missing. It was always my burning desire to share my passion and purpose with others through my own company. Once I finally assessed what was truly important to me and took that leap of faith, I discovered that collaboration with like-minded people was also something most important to me. As Co-Founder of Wandering But Not Lost Enterprises, I am now living that dream, my big WHY and experiencing daily the abundance and joy of being connected and aligned with my true passion and purpose.
Wandering But Not Lost is a business and life coaching company focused on helping real estate brokers and teams, entrepreneurs and small business owners that also incorporates the love of travel and adventure to find that delicate balance of work and play.
Subscribe to our Newsletter to get access to the Free Intentions Map & Journal Download!
Join our mailing list to receive the bonus download and receive the latest news and updates from our team.